Wednesday, November 24, 2010

New Color Scheme

Well if you're visiting again you'll see that I have changed the colors of my blog. I think it's easier to read, plus it's the color scheme that I am currently redoing my bedroom in. Grey-blue, white and sand. This past week I recovered my headboard in burlap and I love it. It looks so good against my white bedding. I have designed a headboard that says King (with his crown under it) and Queen (with her crown under it). Now I just have to get my sketch onto my pc, print it out and then I can make the screen print and actually do it. Watch this space for the headboard!! My next big task to tackle is painting the walls. They are currently a mint green and I can't stand it. Sorry, but I am not a mint green fan at all, it reminds me of toothpaste. Yuk. I currently have some samples up for a bluish-grey color. Now all I have to do is choose one, tape the walls and paint them. Oh and I'm the painter around here too. I need a few days to psyche myself into it, but then I'm like a mad woman till it's finished.

Next on the list will be white curtains - Ikea here I come. Then the big mission is to sand down my current night stands and then repaint them white - distressed as I'm not into perfect at the moment! Of course top item on my husbands list is a 42" tv - think not! I plan on accessorizing the room with my burlap inspired creations and plenty of other texture and natural, soothing colors.

Stay tuned for updates as this project moves slowly along.

2 comments:

  1. This is a lovely color scheme, Bev. I have a mint green wall, that I don't like, and a lavender wall, that I also don't like, and I feel a bit stuck with the carpet, and having to find colors that will coordinate with the carpet, which I also don't love. What are your floors like? I don't mean to complain at all about my home - I can't make a big investment in new carpeting, do I have to stick with complementary colors for the walls?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarona - I have neutral carpeting upstairs and dark wood and slate tile floors downstairs, so luckily it's all pretty neutral for me. If your carpets are staying, then I would suggest that you paint your walls a neutral color (think beach sand) as this will go with anything. I think by painting a complimentary color to your carpets on the wall will only accentuate your carpets. You can then add your favorite colors (or ones similar to the carpets) in your accents in your rooms. Happy Painting!

    ReplyDelete